1. Introduction: About Connect XML-2-DB
This guide explains how to use Connect XML-2-DB, an XML to Database
Transformation tool. This software can be used either as a standalone
program or as a jar class library that is integrated with your own java
About Connect XML-2-DB
Connect XML-2-DB is a tool that allows you to take data that is in XML format and
insert it into a relational database without having to write any software
code. Instead of having to write new code for each type of XML file, only a
mapping file has to be created that will be used by Connect XML-2-DB to store the
information correctly into the database. The benefits of using Connect XML-2-DB
include increased productivity and time savings, platform independence and
- It can be run as a stand-alone program or it can be integrated into another
- 100% java architecture allows running Connect XML-2-DB on heterogeneous
- Supports major databases.
- Includes a JDBC driver that can be used with Connect XML-2-DB.
- It is database independent. The mapping rules specified in the mapping file are
similar for all databases.
- Supports inserting into multiple tables.
- Supports inserting into the database by calling stored procedures that
can implement complex business logic as part of the movement of the data.
- Handles parent child relationships. Handles inserting into IDENTITY
columns for SQL*Server and Sybase, as well as propagation of the identity
columns to child tables.
- Automatic detection of identity columns for SQL Server and Sybase
- Support of sequence numbers for Oracle databases.
- Support for inserting constant values into database table columns.
- Support for inserting parameter values into database table columns.
- Support for inserting header values into a database table column for
all records in the XML document.
- Allows inserting a constant value into the database, based on the
existence of an XML element.
- Allows one XML element value to be inserted into multiple database
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000
- Oracle Server Versions 8.0.0 - 184.108.40.206
Java and JDBC Versions
- Java Versions: 1.4.x or higher
- JDBC Version: 3.0